Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 - Day 2 - Activity 3

white banebelly

White Baneberry


hydnellum pecki

Hydnellum Peckii

3 Similarities: They both have pink colours on their plants, They are both found in North America, and they can be eaten, but sometimes the White Baneberry can be eaten by birds mainly.

3 Differences: The White Baneberry is toxic, it stands 60cm tall, and the Peckii is a type of fungi that produces blood.

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges, so I moved onto the week 2 challenges. The week 2 challenges is based on water, water, everywhere. To complete this activity I was to visit a website that had information about strange plants. After doing that I was to select 2 plants and list down 3 similarities and differences between both plants. Above shows the task completion that I did. Tell me what is your favourite plant and why?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    I like your three similarities and three differences!. I think that you are working very hard towards these activities!. You are doing so well so far!. Would you like to feel these plants?. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! Those plants look really weird, especially the hydnellum peckii. I also found how you said that the hydnellum peckii creates blood interesting. Do they actually make blood or do they make a blood like substance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Mele,

    Wow, what strange looking plants! Especially the Hydnellum Peckii - before the Summer Learning Journey, I'd never even heard of it! Had you? From looking at it, I would have thought that it would have been inedible. I find it very interesting that you can actually eat it!

    What's the strangest plant you've ever seen? When I was growing up, we had a Venus flytrap at our house. Have you seen them before? They look like big mouths with sharp teeth.

    Well done on completing another activity Mele. Keep up the great blogging!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete