Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 4 - Activity 1



1.  Were you relieved that you accomplished a challenging goal?
2. Did you think about your family when climbing this mountain?
3. Did you enjoy climbing with Tenzing Norgay/ yes or no why?
4. What made you climb Mt Everest?
5. Have you ever dreamed about you being the first person to climb Mt Everest?

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. Above shows another place to stand activity that I completed for the Summer Learning Journey. To complete this activity I was to imagine that I had an interview with Sir Edmund Hillary. I was to list down 5 questions that I would ask Sir Edmund Hillary. Above shows that questions that I would ask Sir Edmund Hillary. Sir Edmund Hillary is a famous mountaineer that showed imitative and pride when he first climb the Mt Everest mountain. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    You questions are very good. I like question 4 because it would be nice to know if he ever had a role model to set his goals of climbing Mt. Everest. Would you like to climb this mountain?. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! I really liked how you asked questions about difficulty and motivation. I also liked how you asked if he enjoyed climbing with his partner. Would you climb Mount Everest if you could?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Mele,

    This questions are really unique - you've done a fantastic job!

    I like the question about Tenzing Norgay - whether he liked climbing with him. It's a question that not a lot of people would think of, so you've done well. Also whther he thought about his family! Great questions Mele. I saw a movie or two about Edmund Hilary. Have you seen any? It's really good information and I bet some of your questions would be answered.

    I think you work is great!

    Byt he way, could you point me to where you have done the WWF activity, Day 3, activity 3, week one? I can't find it! Since you've done so much work.

    Talk to you later!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete