Pages

Thursday 4 July 2019

Mixed Decimal Questions Game






I have created a maths game, which is based on decimal thinking. This game helps you think deeply into adding big decimal numbers, especially the maths that is hidden in these questions. If the question is incorrect it will take you to a link that provides help, which is a video that explains how to add decimals. After watching the video there will be a link that will take you back to the previous question that was not answered correctly. If the question is correct it will take you to a link that takes you to the next question. I have also created my own character that is animated, as a gif. I have given you 10 questions to answer, especially with 2/3 digit numbers. Once you have finished playing, there will be a link that takes you to a slide, which allows you to rate a star out of 4 .After completing my game I got a number of people to check my game. At the same time they gave me feedback, meaning what they liked about my game, and what I should change. My feedback was to remove the underlines. I think that this was a great suggestion, because it made the words look more big and clear.  I was really proud of what I achieved at the end, because I got to learn how the maths was solved, then create my game using different strategies, and then finally got to share it with a heap of other people, especially with the positive feedback that was given back. Today everyone showcased their own maths games to the whole class. Each person was allowed to present with a buddy. I decided to present with Sandra. At the end of the maths presentations everyone started playing the maths games that was created. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mele!,
    You have created an excellent interactive game of your decimals questions. I liked how you had a slide where we could rate your game and the gifs you used. I think you were really creative with your game. Did you find making the game challenging?
    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Mele,
    You have created a awesome interactive game!. I like how the colours are light and matching. The questions you have done are very interesting and great for people to try out!. I also like how your monster looks. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    I like your decimal question that you added to you math game. I really like how you digitally drew you characters. I also like how you made a GIF that is sad and happy and I also like how you have a rating at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mele
    I liked the colors that you had done as your background. I liked the way that you had done the layout it was really cool when you were showing us. I liked the speech that you had said i like the way that you had used the time to make your maths game.

    Why did you Choose to do decimals?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mele,
    I liked the way you set up your game and the colors that you gave the background. I also enjoyed listening to your speech and playing your game because I learned how to add decimals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mele! great job, and great job. Your very smart.. you even made me contemplate more because of the Te Reo Maori! great mathematics game!

    great job. By the way it's me Viva. P.S: I really miss P.B.S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia ora Mele
    My name is Krystal and I love the way you made that fun slide you did and keep up with the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Ora Mele, my name is Alvin from yaldhurst model school I this game sound very fun. are you good at it? I think I would because I love maths!. next time I'll try playing it to see what score I get!. wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete