Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 - Day 3 - Activity 2

        Image result for Tonga food fakekai

Ingredients: Flower and Brown Sugar.
Pot, Mixing spoon, and a tray.
1. Add the brown sugar in and start mixing it in the pot, until it melts. ( 1 hour)
2. After it melts in the pot you start making the dough into little shapes, it dosen't matter what it looks like.
3. Next you need to cut the dough into pieces as it goes smaller and smaller.
4. Finally you add the caramel sauce into the dough.
5.  Enjoy your faikakai.

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges, so I moved onto the week 2 challenges. The week 2 challenges is based on water, water, everywhere. To complete this activity I was to pick my favourite food and then include the ingredients of how to make this food. That food that I selected was called Faikakai. Faikakai is a type of dessert food that is made in Tonga. The sauce is caramel. Above shows the ingredients that are included in this food. Above shows the ingredients that my family uses. It may be different to someone else ingredients makings. It is really simple on how we make it.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    WOw your choosen food looks so yummy. I would love to try it!. I like how your instructions are such in a good layout!. One day I might just try your choosen food out!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! That food looks delicious, and it doesn't seem like it's too hard to make either. Something I found interesting was how you said to add caramel sauce, does this enhance the flavour? Or does it increase the sweetness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Mele,

    Faikakai sounds so good! I'd love to try it! Do you like to make it often?
    I'll have to try and make it sometime because it seems so yum

    I enjoy cooking but have never made that dish. Thanks for the inspiration!

    - Lee

    ReplyDelete