Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 - Day 2 - Activity 1


Would you try to do it?
Yes, because not only have I waved an ika, but I tried something experiencing and challenging to do. I would also do this, because ever since I was a year 5 I have been wanting to weave something out of leaves. Weaving interest me, because looking at other people do it is always satisfying. Most of my family members have done it, before so I would like to try it out one time.

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges, so I moved onto the week 2 challenges. The week 2 challenges is based on water, water, everywhere. To complete this activity I was to watch a youtube clip of someone weaving a ika out of flax. After doing that I was to explain whether or not I will do it or not. Above tells you the answer to everything.

3 comments:

  1. Malo e Lelei Mele

    I really enjoyed reading your reasons for wanting to try flax weaving. It’s always satisfying when you can learn a new skill and make beautiful items for yourself and friends/family. What kind of other things do you think you would like to weave? Recently my Mum was given a beautiful woven mat weaved by one of her friends in the Solomon Islands. It is so massive it takes up a whole room.

    It’s so cool to see you going through and finding activities that you are excited about completing. Don’t forget that the more you do, the more points you get. The more points you get the more likely you are to win a prize! You may want to go back and have another look at some of the activities from week one ‘A place to stand’.

    Have a wonderful day Mele,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele,
    I like that you would try flax weaving!. You take lots of risks!. I am glad to see you posting more activities everyday!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked that you said you would try weaving because you like challenging things. I also liked how you said that you would try it because most of your family does it. Do you think you would want to pursue weaving as a job or hobby in the future?

    ReplyDelete