Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 5 - Activity 2

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. Above shows another place to stand activity that I completed for the Summer Learning Journey. To complete this activity I was to write a letter to a best friend or a family member telling them about my trip to the Tundra. To earn full points I would have to add a greeting, which I did. Below shows an image and my letter that I have written.


Greetings Marieta,

How has your day been lately. My day has been awesome at the moment. I had the chance to go and visit the Tundra. It is very cold and dry right now. The best part is that is mostly snows everyday. When I saw the animals I was overwhelmed, because I haven't seen most of them at any point, until now. There was one animal that changed it's colour to blend in with the winter. I found out that the word tundra comes from a Finnish word tunturi, which defines treeless plain. I also experience that polar bears come to the tundra  to give birth in summer. When I was in here the sun hadn't risen for about a week. There are 2 types of Tundra seasons. They are the long winter and short summer. The plants grow together as if they are bunched together as a group. What did you experience, anything fun that I missed out on?

Thank you
Kind Regards
Mele Latuila



4 comments:

  1. Greetings Mele your post about tundra town is very inspiriting and also the type of letter you sent to your friend Marieta! Was it hard thinking of what to say? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele,
    Thank you for writing a letter to me. I would be quite upset if I didn't get to go on a class trip. Have you ever felt snow before?. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how in your letter you asked if you missed out on anything interesting at home. I also liked how you described an animal that lives in the tundra. If you could, would you want to live in the tundra?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Mele,

    Superb work on following the instructions on correctly addressing a letter to someone, awesome work! Marieta is lucky to receive a letter from you! If I went to the Tundra, I would choose to write my letter to my best friend in South Africa because he has never been to New Zealand or anywhere too cold before so I think it would be nice and interesting for him to read.

    It's great to see you including factual and useful information to better describe the tundra, Marieta will definitely be able to get a better idea of what it's like there. I had no idea that the word tundra came from a Finnish word, thank you for teaching me something new! All the details you have added makes the experience seem so realistic and I feel like I've experienced it myself! The tundra is a really cold place... Do you think you would like to go and visit it? I've never been in actual snow before so I wouldn't know if I could take the cold weather there! I think it would be pretty cool to visit the tundra though, it would be such a different and interesting experience.

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete