Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 4 - Activity 2 - Week 4

For this activity, please ask one member of your family and/or a friend what they think about Countdown’s decision to go ‘plastic bag free. On your blog, tell us what they think about Countdown’s decision to stop using plastic bags.

I decided to talk to my mum about it. She agreed with it, because most people just use these bags and then when the pack their groceries they put the bag in the bin and that just a waste. Some people reuse their plastic bags, just like my family. According to my mum's perspectives she said that people who use these bags and then throw into the rubbish has a high chance of wasting their money of buying plastic bags every time they go shopping.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    Wow your opinion gets me rethinking about my opinion. That idea of yours is really smart. Reusing plastic helps a lot like for rubbish bags. Your Mum's fact seems intersting too and she is right about it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele! I think it's a great idea for Countdown to go plastic bag free since it'll help benefit the planet. Your mom has a good point and we also use the plastic bags as other things like rubbish bags. What is another way we can replace plastic water bottles? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    I agree with what your Mum said, and that's why people should either re-use their plastic bags or as countdown is doing, not use them at all. I have a question for you though; do you and your family keep the plastic bags? Or do you use cloth bags?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mele,
    Well done for completing this activity. That's great that you had a conversation about the plastic bag free at the countdown. I agree with your Mum.

    Did you talk to anyone else in your family?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mele,

    Agree with you! I have to admit I have thrown plastic bags away myself.

    I always take my own bag to t he supermarket now, is that what you guys do?

    Talk to you soon,
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete