Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 2 - Day 1 - Week 3


This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges and the week 2 challenges. I am apparently on week 3 now. The week 3 challenges is based called Up, Up and Away. This task was based on being sun smart. Doing this task was helpful, because it gave me reasons to why we should be sun smart. Mostly, because people can get skin cancer. Here are the 5 reasons.

1. Wear a shirt with long sleeves.
2. Spend some time in the shade .
3. Slop sunscreen on after 20 minutes.
4. Wear a hat with flaps.
5. Wear glasses with the wrapping style.
  

4 comments:

  1. Hello again Mele, this is Billy, I am from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's great to see that you've continued to complete activities into the new year. Keep up the fantastic work!

    I've enjoyed reading your five tips for staying safe in the sun this summer.

    I like number four, it's very original. I definitely haven't read that on anyone else's blog yet. I need to get me one of those hats. They're super cool and super effective.

    Spending time in the shade is an excellent idea, even if you have sunscreen on. It will stop you from getting dehydrated and getting a headache. Plus you get to enjoy that lovely, cool breeze.

    What sort of outdoor activities have you been enjoying so far this summer?
    I am a little jealous over here in freezing, cold London.

    Thanks Mele,
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele,
    I thin that your ideas on how to keep safe is great information!. I'm sure these would be very helpful to us. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity! Those are some good ways to stay safe in the sun, although I don't have the hat nor the sunglasses I could still do the other three things. Have you ever been sun burnt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mele,
    You have done really well. Did you know this is the 10th comment I've done on your blog lately? Well done for completing this Activity. I hope you do these next summer. My favorite one is Spend some time in the shade because it can help you get more energy.

    Have you ever did this in the summer?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete