Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 1 - Day 5 - Week 3

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges and the week 2 challenges. I am apparently on week 3 now. The week 3 challenges is based called Up, Up and Away. This task was based on cloud Air Pollution. I was to watch a video about pollution and then write 3 things that I learnt. 
 
  • There different types of human pollution
  • One of the Greenhouse Gases is Methane.
  • Some air pollution come from natural things like volcanoes.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    Well I've learnt something today!. That there is different types of human pollution. Would you like to have every river polluted? I think that would be horrible!. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this activity, I also learnt that there are different types of pollution and that some of the world's pollution comes from volcanoes. I do have a question for you though, do you know about any other greenhouse gases?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Mele,

    Georgia E here again from Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster! The Summer Learning Journey is coming to an end on Friday the 25th of January at 12pm, that’s tomorrow! Don’t forget that you can get extra points by posting meaningful, thoughtful and positive comments!

    Wow I didn’t know there was different types of ‘human pollution’, can you please explain how humans do this? I think it is so sad to know that we contribute to the pollution, in fact we play a major role in pollution.
    Can you think of any ways you can reduce pollution? It can be different types of pollution!
    Mine would be to turn the tap off when I am brushing my teeth.

    Looking forward to hearing from you :)

    Cheers,
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete