Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 3 Bonus Activity Week Two

Today for task I had to go online and read a Flanders fields poem by John Mccre. I had to read and then retell what I thought about the poem. Do I like it? ,and How does it make me feel? Here is my answer:

What I think about the poem: I think this poem is good because it rhymes at the end of each 2 sentences. It also has paragraphs to show each story it happened at.

Do I like it?: I do like it because it shows I love the words and phrases this person has added in and I even love the font of it.

How does it make me feel?: It makes me feel very sad because all of the solders who has been fighting for their own countries.

3 comments:

  1. Mālō e lelei Mele,
    It's a beautiful poem and I agree with you, it made feel a bit sad too, but also proud and thankful. I am proud and thankful when I think about all these soldiers that lost their life fighting for our freedom.
    I liked your post an how you not only express you opinion about the poem but you also make some interesting points about the poem text structure and rhymes. Good job!

    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele
    Good job on completing this summer learning journey activity. I also think that it is a very nice poem but it reminds me of a huge waste of life. So many soldiers died fighting for their country. Well done Mele.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    Great job on completing this activity, I like how you said why you thought the poem was good as well. I have a question for you though, does anyone else in your family like it?

    ReplyDelete