Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity 1 Week Three

It was common for women in the 1950s to stay home with their children and raise their family. They were called ‘housewives.’ Many housewives followed a simple rule when they prepared the evening meal: the ‘meat and three veg’ rule. This meant that they prepared dinners that included three different vegetables and a type of meat (eg. beef, lamb, or chicken). On your blog tell us if you think that the ‘meat and three veg’ rule is a good one. Do you like the rule? Would you enjoy eating a typical 1950s dinner? Why or why not?

I think this is really good because I really love broccoli even the meat with other veges. This inspires my parents to make it.
I would enjoy eating this because just like I said it can be good for dinner even for a special feast.
dinner (2).jpg

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Mele,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team! How are you going?

    You are always consistent with labelling and giving each post a clear title, thank you! Hahahaha did your parents make a meat and three vegetables meal that night after seeing this activity?

    This is exactly what my grandparents eat EVERY night… they are very traditional in eating the basic “healthy” meat and three vegetables meal. Although, my grandad puts a lot of gravy and butter on his veges so I reckon that defeats the purpose.

    I definitely agree with you on the special feast point! Every time my entire family get together we cook our special roast every single time. Always a favourite for everyone!

    Great to hear you like broccoli too! Have you ever had broccoli and cheese sauce before? THE BEST!!!

    Keep up the great work Mele, hope to hear from you soon.

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. In my opinion, the three veg and meat rule is very balanced and healthy. The three vegetables will keep you healthy and the meat would give you protein. Keep up the good work Mele.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    Great job on completing this activity, I like how you like the rule too. I have a question though, does anyone else in your family like the rule?

    ReplyDelete