Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5 - Activity 3 - Week 3

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges and the week 2 challenges. I am apparently on week 3 now. The week 3 challenges is based called Up, Up and Away. For this task I was to write a short paragraph that told others what happened if New Zealand got hit by a huge storm. 

New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, I stayed inside with my friends and family. When it stopped, me and my family decided to go for a walk outside. I opened the door and everything had just disappear as if New Zealand had just been vanished. The fog had just covered everything. My eyes stayed in one place. The mud was slimy and the grass was expired. The branches were broken into pieces. On the other side the leaves had died and the cars turned into broken little parts. Me and my family rushed inside as we heard that New Zealand's country had been ruined forever.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele, Your story is quite interesting it really gets my attention. I am glad to see you committed to the Summer Learning Journey!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    Great job on completing this task, I really liked how you described the small details like broken branches. Another thing that you did which I liked was describe the grass as expired. Although how did you hear about New Zealand being ruined forever if the rain could melt metal? Wouldn't your house's antenna be destroyed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele!

    This makes me so sad to read this story... I think it would be horrible to experience this!
    I feel as though you have created an amazingly entertaining story though Mele - Well done :)

    That would be a horrible feeling having to wait for three days and nights before you could go outside to find your family and friends.

    I like the way you have described the surrounding environment in your story too, it sounds very eerie!
    How do you think you would feel walking through that?
    I can only imagine seeing areas that are so familiar to you looking one way being completely changed!
    Did you use anything for inspiration for this story?

    After reading this I hope that acid rain never hits New Zealand!!

    Ka pai Mele!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete