Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 1 - Activity 2 - Week 4

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges the week 2 challenges, and the week 3 challenges. I am apparently on week 4 now. The week 4 challenges is  called Protect and Preserve. For this task I was to read and watch a lot of videos about thee Taniwha. Since the Waikato River was polluted many people had thought that the Taniwha is not real or real. For this blog post I was to write if I believed that the Taniwha exist or if it didn't.

I believe that the Taniwha is real, because there have been many articles that talk about the Taniwha and since the Waikato River was wiped out people had been introducing new videos and articles about the Taniwha.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mele! I was scrolling through your blog looking at all your posts for what you had done since you completed all the activities. Great work on explaining what you had to do and your finished work. I though opposite and instead said I didn't believe it was real. I like you explaining why you thought that because it tells us your reasoning. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele,
    I agree with you. There has been lots of stories about the Taniwha. Wow the video was really shocking just seeing the water bubble up the big!. Would you like to meet a Taniwha?. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    Good job on completing this activity, there have been videos or articles about taniwha being real but you can't always believe what you see online. Although many people can claim to have seen a taniwha none of them can prove it, but if you could see any mythical creature and prove that it's real which one would you pick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo e Lelei Mele,

    Great to read your thoughts about the Taniwha! I'm still not sure, but I am happy to embrace the Taniwha as part of Maori folklore. Can you think of a sea animal that is most like the Taniwha? What other parts of maori tradition can you remember?

    Keep up the amazing commenting you are doing!
    Talk to you later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mele,

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    I agree with you. There has been lots of stories about the Taniwha. I believe it is real.

    I like be your opinion.

    Anyway keep up the good work.

    Thanks
    Araura

    ReplyDelete