Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 1 - Activity 1 - Week 4

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges the week 2 challenges, and the week 3 challenges. I am apparently on week 4 now. The week 4 challenges is  called Protect and Preserve. For this task I was to imagine that I was invited to this year’s WOW awards and I was able to interview the creator. I was to, list five interview questions that you would like to ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff. Dame Suzie created a dress out of recycling materials.

1. Did you think of doing this ever since you were young?


2. Did anyone inspire you to do this?



3. Did you look up to anyone who had ideas like this?



4. Did you get any help from anyone to form this style?



5. What was your first reaction when you wore this dress?



4 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    I think your questions are quite intersting. I like the first question becauseit reflects to her past!. I think you are doing such a great job to the Summer Learning Journey!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele! You're activities are great, I like the photo of this one because it really shows the fashionable state of recyclable material. Your questions are very interesting as well, especially question 3. Would you ever want to wear one of the dresses? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    I really liked reading your questions because you asked about inspiration and if she had any teachers. I also liked how you asked if she thought about doing this kind of work as a child. If you could, would you be like Suzie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Mele,

    Georgia here, again, from the Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster! You will be seeing me and Dani floating around your cluster today, because you guys are so busy. It is awesome to see how much effort and enthusiasm you guys are putting into your blog posts, keep this up!

    You have given some really interesting questions that I am sure Dame Suzie Moncrieff would love answering. I really like your question “did anyone inspire you to do this?”, I think she got inspiration from a lot of people and materials, but I think she had to rely on herself to find inspiration.
    I really loved the part in the article where she tells us how the outfits she made for the first show were made from materials she found at a dump!
    What was your favourite part of the article?

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete