Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Activity 3 - Day 3 - Week 2

Let’s imagine that the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid into its new room at Te Papa? [Note: There is more than one right answer to this question.]
On your blog, tell us how you will solve this math's problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer.

For my answer I never used any kids I just used adults for this math's problem. Since each adult can lift 25 kgs I did 25 x 20 = 500. I also used the algorithm strategy for the one below.

AND.....

25 + 25 + 25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 = 250
+25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 +25 = 250

250 + 250 = 500

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mele!
    I like your math solving activity. It is so cool that you can do this kind of Maths. I like how you added your strategy on how you solved it. How long did it take you to figure out this Math problem? I have also done this activity.
    Keep the great work up! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele! Great job on showing the different possibilities for working out the equation. I would rather choose to do the multiplication strategy. How quick were you able to figure it out? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele, Great maths.
    I hope everything goes OK this Summer. I think I got the same Answer but probably different Startey. I can't wait to see which answers are right.

    Was this Activity hard and challenging?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Mele!
    That's pretty weird seeing you were blogging your activities and you didn't really need to worry about your commenting. Your solving is pretty long but at least it makes sense to you. I have done 212 comments altogether!

    By Chavda
    Keep it up Mele!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Mele,

    I dug deep to fins an activity that hadn't been commented on by one of the Summer Learning Journey team! Good plan to just use adults, it makes it simpler to add up right? What if you'd put some kids in there for variety, would the equation still be as simple?

    I'll be teaching maths at school soon, so thanks for helping get my brain into gear!

    Talk to you soon,
    Lee



    ReplyDelete