Pages

Saturday 5 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 - Activity 2 - Week 4

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges the week 2 challenges, and the week 3 challenges. I am apparently on week 4 now. The week 4 challenges is called Protect and Preserve. For this task I was to post three facts about the Maui Dolphin. After that I was to state 3 statements for students to figure out when they read my blog.

  • Maui Dolphins are only found off the west coast of New Zealand.
  • Female Dolphins grow up to  1.7 m long.
  • They only lie up to 20 years.


Three Statements:

Choose False or True:

1.  Maui Dolphins are white and gold.

2. They produce one calf every 10 years.

3.  Females have their first calf at the age of 7 - 9.


4 comments:

  1. Greetings Mele,
    Your almost finished the summer learning journey! 3 fact TRUE 2 Fact TRUE 1 fact FALSE! The reason why I think 1 question is false and 2 other questions are true because it's easy to know which one is false and which one is true!

    Have you touched or held a Dolphin?

    Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mele,
    Wow you are so fast!. I think that the first statement is false and the rest of the statements are true!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    I'm guessing that fact 1 is false, fact 2 is true and fact three is also false. I also liked how you separated the true facts from the mystery facts which made it easier to guess. I do have a question though, why do you think the dolphins are slowly disappearing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Mele,

    I'm guessing your fact number one is false? Are they really white and gold? This is just me guessing without googling. Hope I'm right!

    I was reading that there's only really one Maui dolphin born a year. I really hope the survive and thrive in the future!

    Tell me, do you think they will survive? I really hope so.

    I love dolphins.

    Talk to you again soon Mele!

    - Lee

    ReplyDelete