Pages

Saturday 5 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 - Activity 1 - Week 4

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges the week 2 challenges, and the week 3 challenges. I am apparently on week 4 now. The week 4 challenges is called Protect and Preserve. For this task I was to watch 3 videos about predator free. After that I was to choose my favourite one and tell others why it's my favourite. 


There were 3 videos:

Predator Free Video #1: Cacophony Project
Predator Free Video #2: Taranaki Mounga Project
Predator Free Video #3: Zero Invasive Predators (ZIP)

My favourite video is video 1, because the way he told us how he invented a lot of traps for predators, even his lifestyle living looked great. I also love his inventions that he made, even the one with the phone. 



3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele,
    I like your reason towards why you liked video 1 the most. One thing that gets me intersted into reading your post is your blurb because I like how you included the Summer Learning Journey Event.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    I also like video 1 because it's interesting to see how people can use technology in so many different ways. I also liked video 1 because it mentions that we could be predator free by 2040. I have a question for you though, if you could, would you be like Grant and find different ways to help get rid of predators?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele!
    My Name is Hasiba, I am from Summer Learning Journey team. I love reading students’ blogs!

    Great choice in video! Cacophony project sounds like a brilliant part of the next foundation. Like you, I also find their use of technology super innovative and interesting. I felt super inspired after watching the video!
    Wouldn’t it be awesome to be an inventor too?


    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete