Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 - Activity 3 - Week 4

This year Panmure Bridge School is lucky enough to participate in the Summer Learning Journey from 2018-2019. This is an opportunity for the Manaiakalani cluster school to join. For the Summer Learning Journey we are given tasks to finish. The people who place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from each school wins exclusive prizes. The prizes this year is amazing. I have completed most of the week 1 challenges the week 2 challenges, and the week 3 challenges. I am apparently on week 4 now. The week 4 challenges is called Protect and Preserve. For this task I was to list 10 species (animals or plants) that I would protect from extinction. For each one, I was to give a reason as to why I think it is important to protect.

1. Brown Bear - A Brown Bear, because, ever since I was young I have loved bears as my favourite animal.
2. Dasiy Flower - A Daisy Flower, because I would always use it to make a necklace.
3. Kiwis
4. Sunflower
5. Roses
6. Swifs
7. Black Robins
8. Siberian Tiger
9. Buttercups
10. Roses

The reason why I chose these is, because I know all about them and I've either saw them or owned one.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mele!
    I Love your reasons for why you would save ... from extinction. I have one concern. Why didn't you put all the other reasons down? I was so excited to see all your reasons, but then you didn't write it down. Fix that please!
    Keep the great work up! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mele,
    I love the ideas that you used. Your reason also go along with them. You are doing so good in the SLJ. I know that you are working hard to finish these activities. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele,
    I liked how you said that you would want the daisy flower to survive because you like making necklaces from them. I also liked how you said that you would save the Kiwi. If you could save 10 more what animals or plants would they be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Mele,

    I'm staggered by the amount of great comments you are making! Amazing stuff, and very constructive.

    So bears are your favourite animal? What about them appeals to you? I agree there is something about bears that attracts people. Kiwis, great idea too. I heard kiwis the other night. The female voice is slightly lower than the males. There's a tip!

    Take care and talk to you soon
    - Lee




    ReplyDelete