Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 2 Day 1 Week Four

Arguably one of the most famous movie trilogies of all time, The Lord of the Rings, was filmed in New Zealand. All three movies were directed by a New Zealander named Peter Jackson. The first movie was released in 2001, the second in 2002 and the third in 2003. The movies cost an estimated $300 million to produce!  Imagine that instead of spending the money on the movies, Peter Jackson decided to give all of this money to you. Lucky you! On your blog, tell us what you would do with $300 million dollars. How would you spend it? It is a lot of money so please think carefully about it and spend it wisely.

Here is my answer: If Peter Jackson gave me all of his money I would buy new furniture and new clothes because if you buy clothes and furniture you can last it forever but the movies last long for 1 day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mele
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. If I had that much money I would probably donate some of it to a charity and keep the rest of it. Keep up the amazing work Mele!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mālō e lelei Mele,
    Interesting answer, because with $300 million dollars you can probably buy clothes and furniture for few families! :0)
    What else would you do with all this money Mele? Let's put in perspective, most average people do earn between $50 to $150 thousand a year. Can you imagine what would be like to have $300 million?
    I would buy a house for all members of my family. I would travel extensively. I would like to open few schools to educate children in poor countries. I would open my own business and be my own boss.
    With all this money, you could really make a difference in many people's lives beside yours. In order for you to gain full points for this activity I need you to elaborate a bit more in your answer, could you do that and let me know? Get creative and think big!

    Keep up the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    Great job on completing this activity, I like how you have thought in depth into what you would buy by thinking about long lasting items. Do you think that you would like to buy yourself our your family members a nice house to put the furniture and clothes in as well?

    ReplyDelete