Pages

Saturday 6 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 Day 1 Week 4

In 2000, the country of New Zealand celebrated when Russell Coutts and his sailing team won their second straight America’s Cup. This was the first time that a team from New Zealand had won back-to-back championships! Many people celebrated the victory with their friends and family.

On your blog, tell us what you and your family do to celebrate special events, such as birthdays. Do you have a special meal or go to a specific place? In our house, we usually make a pizza and bake a special cake. What about you? Here is my answer:
For people birthday we usually stay at home and celebrate our birthdays. For e.g in my birthday my mom cooks Tonga food- Faikekai& Lu Sipi,Cake,Takeaways,pizza,chips, drinks, ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mele
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. For my family, we normally go out and get some takeaways (most of the time pizza hut or KFC). Keep up the amazing work Mele!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mālō e lelei Mele,
    How lovely that you mum cook some traditional Tongan dishes for you in your birthday! I never try Tongan cuisine before, but I would love too! I also, like to cook some traditional South American dishes for my daughter on special occasions. I found that cooking and sharing food with family and friends is such a nice way to cherish them and to celebrate life good moments. Way to go!
    For the future, consider to add a picture of one of your birthdays or perhaps some of the traditional Tongan cuisine as this would make your post more personal and eye-catching. Well done!

    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    Great job on completing this activity, I like how you explained what you had to do really well. I have a question though, do your siblings like the same food as you?

    ReplyDelete