Pages

Monday 16 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey- Day 3 Activity 3 Bonus points -5

Today for this task I had to write a letter to a friend or family member. I chose to write it to my family members and to tell them that I am leaving to London to Visit the Queen and if she'd like to tour me around her Palace.

Dear, Mafi and Latuila Family I am Leaving to London. I have decided to go and Visit the Queen. I wanted to go cause I had nothing to do until I saw a cheap flight to London. And Guess what it was only 35 dollars for me. I am only going there for 1 week and then I will come back to Auckland. I was Just wondering if you guys could come and join me in London. So we could have a family time together with the Queen but only for 2 days.
Love Mele.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mele,

    Wow! You managed to find a ticket to London for only $35.00?! That is incredibly cheap. You have made the right decision to hop on a plane and go for a little trip. I think that one week is the perfect length of time for your first trip overseas. It will give you enough time to see and do interesting things but not so much time that you start to really miss your family.

    Speaking of your family, I hope that they will choose to go with you to London. They tickets are so inexpensive that they really should consider it! You can all stay in the same hotel and then go for a day trips together to visit places like the Queen's residence (Buckingham Palace), the theatre, the shops, Piccadilly Circus, and Westminster Abbey (where Prince William and Kate Middleton got married).

    Bon voyage Mele!

    Best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Mele,

    Wow $35?? That's amazing! I'd be popping over to see the Queen as well at that price! Say hi to her for me if you manage to see her :-)

    I hope your family can go with you, it was very nice of you to invite them. If they can't make it with you, hopefully you won't miss them too much? I was thinking, if you're only going for a week then it might be a bit tricky to get over your jet lag in that short time. Because London is on the other side of the world, they are 12 hours behind us in time - which means that it might take a bit of time to adjust to when you land there. You should be okay though if you can sleep on the plane :-)

    It sounds like Rachel has a few good ideas for your trip. What do you think you would like to see if you went to England? Is there anywhere you would reeeeeally like to go? I would love to go and see the Lion King stageshow at the West End theatre. That would be awesome!

    Until next time :-)
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mele
    That was very nice of you when you invited your whole family to come with you. Keep up the great work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete