Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 Week One

This week is a time to do Summer Learning Journey activities. This was my first activity to do. For this activity I had to read a short story about famous main in Maori Mythology called Maui. I had to create a DLO (Digital Learning Object) showing 3 facts that I learnt about the interesting man I read about. I decided to create a google drawing to show other what I made for this activity.This book was called Maui and the Giant fish. Here is the link at the bottom if you wanna read about it.
I also had to write down any other stories I heard about Maui. At the moment I've heard a lot about Maui but one of the stories I've known for a long time is called Maui and the Sun. This book was about when Maui had a plan to slow the sun's passage through the sky.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mele and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey!

    It's great to have you blogging with us these holidays!

    These are some great facts about Maui - it's cool to learn some more about our history through the Maori legends. I love the way you have presented your facts too!

    Well done on completing the first activity Mele, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Mele
    Great job on completing this activity and finding those facts, I like how you even added in the myth on how New Zealand came to be. I have a question though, were those facts easy or hard to find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mele
    Well done on completing the first summer learning journey activity. You did an amazing job. I like how you put your facts into a poster. Keep up the superb work Mele!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete