Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2019

Activity 3: The Columbian Exchange

This week is the Manaiakalani SLJ Teaser Week. The theme for this year is called "change makers". This theme will help us learn more about incredible people who have changed the world. For this activity I worked on my own to complete this activty. To complete this task I was asked to think of someone who has had a positive impact in my life. Below I have written a short description of who this person is and what they did to make me become a person that I am today. - This was a very hard descison to make, especially because I have had a lot people who has given me support throughout the year. I chose to talk about my uncle Amanaki Mafi. He is a rugby player who plays for the Japan rugby team. He participated in some games for this years Rugby World Cup as well. Sporting for me has become a bigger impact in life, especially when my uncle was over in New Zealand. As a young child I was very into sports, but my parents didn't allow me to play, because they thought that I was perhaps going to get hurt/ just because I was a young girl who didn't show them how passionate I was about sports. My uncle was my idol and still is. He is currently living in Japan with his family and I tend to call him every now and then to check up on how sports is going. He was a person who encouraged and got me to play many sports that I am playing today. So far this year I have been selected for many representivite teams. The last time I saw him was a month ago back in Fiji for a wedding. He told me stories of how his parents taught him a very discipline life. Sports is almost a religion in our family, because almost each and everyone of us have a talent at a differnet sport. Sports became a bigger impact in his life. Today I believe this is the reason why I am into sports, because of him. Moving on forward my goal is to play to a high standard, make my family proud and try my best become a rugby player for the Black Ferns rugby team.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mele

    Just a friendly reminder that the Summer Learning Journey programme has already started, therefore you can now stop with your teaser week blogs and go straight into week 1. You will be able to get points for week 1 onwards, so you can be in to win some awesome prizes!

    Here is the link to get you started:
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities?authuser=0

    Really looking forward to reading your blog posts!

    Ngā mihi,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete