Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Summary

Martin Luther King Jr Speech
What is the main idea about Martin Luther's speech?
Martin's speech it talking about him having a dream.
How it is trying to persuade people?
This video is trying to persuade americans to know freedom should be happening and also wh he is dreaming should be happening in America.

Does this speech have a rhetorical Question?
Yes- So let freedom ring- It's asking us should we let freedom ring or should we not.

Did he use eye contact?
Martin did use eye contact he never read off anything he just kept on looking at everybody while saying his speech.

Was he speaking clearly/fast?
Yes he speak clearly/loudly, but he wasn't talking fast he slowed it down so that others could understand what he was actually telling others.

How it made me change my mind?
All I did was keep on repeating the video because when I first started the video I didn't understand it that much. Afterwards I could listen to him speaking very clearly. It was making me know that it was a dream for him. I changed my mind when he said that And if America is to be a great nation this should become true. There were many keywords and phrases that made me change my mind. It made me feel different emotions when watching it. It made me feel sad when he said that his four children will one day live in a nation where they will not judge by the colour of their skin.

LI: To understand how to deliver a speech/What techniques can be used when speaking. This week for writing we did speeches. First we had to get into our groups and then after that we had to discuss which speech we were going to summarise about. I decided to pick Martin Luther King Jr. His speech sound really interesting. For this activity I had to create a summary including the main idea about the speech, how are they trying to persuade people, and then good things about them. I used a google document to note everything down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment