Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Recount Scaffold



Beginning - this includes your hook. Start your recount with an exciting beginning that captures your audience interest levels
Wow as we arrived to Mission Bay beach. I jumped in the water,it felt like I was in snow.





Ensure your recount covers the orientation: When, Where, Who, What, Why and How

Set your recount out in a clear logical order and in paragraphs

Write in the past tense

Use lots of adjectives - (describing words) personal thoughts and feelings

Language Features such as similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia

Use connectives
On Wednesday 7th October at 12:00pm in the afternoon  I went to Mission Bay Beach with my brothers and parents. First me and my family went out to Subway for lunch. In my sandwich I had salad, olives, cucumber and sliced chicken. As we got there I went to swim at the beach. It was so cold and freezing for me to get in the water. I played touch in the water. I had a lot of fun playing and spending time with my family at Mission Bay. We went to Mission Bay for a special family time together. Also we went to Mission bay beach because my dad was tired of staying home and sleeping. As we went to play touch my dad came to join us which was more harder. As my dad ran to get a try it felt like he wasn't playing fair on me and my brother.

First my dad and mum relaxed  and watch the waves move around and round while me and my brothers were making a big sandcastle with sand. As me and my brothers went to build the biggest sand castle we first had to put a lot of sand so that we could decorate the sandcastle after we made it.

Next we had to decorate the sandcastle with shells sticks and leaves. As we started decorating the sand castle I add lots of shells and sticks on the sand castle. Then my dad came to take a photo of it.

Finally we had to pack up our stuff and put it in the van so that we could go back home. As we were about to go we took a family photo together on my dad’s phone.
Conclusion
Sums up how you felt about the experience.




It felt like a relaxed day for me and my family to go to the beach and have a lot of fun playing touch and swimming in the water. It was fun!!
This is my Recount scaffold I made on google document. I had to write something about what I did in the holidays. Also I had to use an orientation which includes Who, When, Where, Why, What, How in my piece of writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mele
    Nice post on your structure. You need to try and add more detail in your recount to have a higher mark in your next test(maybe next year).

    ReplyDelete