Pages

Friday 27 October 2017

Badminton Recount

Badminton
''Boom'' as I entered the hall. I couldn't believe badminton had come back for kiwisport this term. I didn't know who was going to be our instructor, but I was pretty sure everybody was feeling excited about badminton. Our instructors name was called Kevin. I never thought he would be a master at balancing the shuttle,'' but guess what he was just like a ninja''. We started of with a warm up game. When Kevin said that we were going to play stuck in the mud everybody was shouting as if the whole world has begin to erupt. Myself and Nyjah were the taggers. We were happy that Kevin had picked both of us. As Kevin was counting down ''1,2,3'' everybody was getting ready although me and Nyjah were thinking of who we were tagging first. It was funny at the same time because some students decided to save their friends rather than saving others.

After that we got to use the rackets and the shuttles. The rackets made me strum it like a guitar. Firstly everybody had to stand on the white line while Kevin was teaching us multiple things. He teached us the most two important words in badminton. It was called back hand and front hand. Some students found it trying to hit it and at the same time focus on where the shuttle goes. Next Kevin showed us how to do the backhand. To be honest the backhand was really difficult for me to control. The next thing we did was trying to hit the shuttle multiple times by using backhand and front hand at the same time. My face turned red as I knew that I hitted the shuttle 24 times.

Eventually the next thing we did was trickshots. When Kevin said that work trickshots I couldn't believe him. The first trickshot we did was using the racket to hit the shuttle at the back of ourselves. I was practising a several of times and there you go I did it. Suddenly a Few moments later we did another one.  We had hit the badminton between our legs. It was a bit hard but although I kept practising it made me get better and better. Everybody had to try both of the 2 trick shots together. I did it once but tried to do more. Some students could do it even Kevin.

Finally it came down to a show down. Everybody was excited. The competition was to see who could  juggle the shuttle for the longest which means who would be the last person standing. We had 2 rounds to see who would be our two winners. Julian was our first winner and Jonathan was our second winner. Me and Jonathan were still going but unfortunately he won against me. It was finals for Julian and Jonathan to vers each other. Everybody counted down ''3,2,1''. They both started at the same time but a few seconds later Jonathan lost control and lost. Julian was the winner of all. Everybody took their rackets and shuttles back to the stage and lined up to go back to class. The whole class smiled with enjoyment shouting '' thank you Kevin''.   

LI: To revise recount writing. This week for writing we decided to do another 40 minute recount based on our badminton session. We decided to do this because since our writing test is nearly coming up we need to really organise what we need to include in our writing. In a recount you need to include ''TREE''. T Title, R Reveal, E Events, and also E Ending. If I reflected/mark my own work I will say that I did really great because the overall score I have is actually my real score for my own year group, but I know im gonna do more better in our real test.

No comments:

Post a Comment