Pages

Friday 20 October 2017

Recount- The Production

The Production
''Yahhh'' as I heard that it was Panmure Bridge School's 60th anniversary. Last term Panmure Bridge School decided to celebrate our 60th anniversary buy dancing through the decades. To create our dance Zoey ( Dance Instructor) showed us what to do and Mr Ogilvie gave some great feedback on what will should change. I felt so happy knowing that my group was dancing to the song Single ladies. The rest of our class was either doing Gangnam Style,Party Rock,Harlem Shake, Dougie, or Whip and Nae Nae. Each class had the time to go with Zoey nearly every Tuesday to practise their dances. We had been practising how to get on the stage and also how to get off. We celebrate this whole thing buy using bright/colourful costumes.

Eventually our whole school decided to get together just to have a little practise because Mrs Burke was busy purchasing our costumes, but on the next week since everybody was ready we had to try our whole costumes on with the whole school.Kids were nervous and also excited at the same time. On wednesday it was going to start. We started off with the mainteen. The mainteen included some audience just like we had some small children coming to watch us. Each class did a dance at several times while other classes were busy watching. We had a few of students at Panmure Bridge School that couldn't talk, but mostly Lyndon.His name was called Lyndo Live. Before entering the hall you had to show your tickets. Some parents weren't able to come inside and see their kids.

On Wednesday night everybody was proud of what they were going to show their parents. Pacifica and Kapa haka had to get changed in the library and the rest of the others had to get changed in their class,but the girls and boys were separated. There were 16 dances altogether. Here were all of the dances that each class danced to. Rm1-War,Rm2 and Rm4-Jailhouse,Rm3-Mambo Mambo 5,Rm5-Bad,Black or White,Billie Jean,RmLS 1-Single ladies,Gangnam Style, Party Rock, Whip and Nae Nae, Harlem Shake, and Dougie,LS2-Staying Alive,I see red, and Footloose.It was difficult for others to get changed after their class dance to their other clothes. We all danced in the hall but on the stage. The dancers sat on the floor and our family were sitting on the chairs.  

Finally it was the last day for Thursday Night. When I got dressed I said to myself '' I appreciate my family coming to watch me dance through the decades''. There was lots of lights flashing while dances. Parents were enjoying and laughing while taking videos/photos of their kids. On stage everybody looked great in there costumes just like they looked great with different costumes. Junior/Senior Kapa haka had items to show,also our Pacifica group. I enjoyed it it really fairly and all I want to say
Happy 60th anniversary Panmure Bridge School!

LI: To create a recount using TREE.
 This week for writing we had to write recounts about Panmure Bridge School's 60th anniversary.Each student had a rubric sheet marking the 7 levels of our production recount. After marking it they had to pick the best person with the highest score. I got picked and after that our teacher had to check it. I know I did great because as I looked back at my recount and then back at my results I see that I've received results higher then my usual level. The most thing I need to work on is all of the 7 rubrics but maybe more higher levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment