Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Explanation: Why I should be an asset to McAuley High School?

Why I should be an asset to McAuley High School?

Have you ever wondered what it would be like going to college? Or even thought about leaving primary too soon? Well I have. I chose to go McAuley and most interestingly I got accepted. I am willing to become one of McAuley's head prefects, especially because I have talents in myself that people don't see. 

However, this year I am the 2019 Head Girl of Panmure Bridge School. Out of school bounds I play rugby, touch and tag for different clubs. Last year I played for Howick Hornets u13 girls and won 2018 premierships. I played prop and left wing. Next year I am planning to play rugby, tag, netball and touch for school, but also club. During school hours, I have had the capability of showing Confidence, Attitude, Respect, Excellence and Innovation, as they are the values that we believe in - Our  whakatauki: Manaaki Whenua, Manaaki Tangata, Haera Whakamau - Care for the land, Care for the people, Go forward. The opportunities that are offered at McAuley gives me the chance to excel my learning to a higher expectation. I have represented my school in all sports, cultural events, and competitions like the: Summer/Winter learning journey. 

I believe that McAuley will help me achieve my academic goals, and to become a better person in the future. McAuley is a school that I was interested in going to, especially because both my parents work around Otahuhu. I have heard a lot of positive things about the sisterhood that happens in McAuley, especially the unbreakable bond that goes on. I am proud to be apart of the Catholic Religious, because we celebrate Christ through his Mercy. I know that I will be able to dominate McAuley’s school values, by respecting the environment, celebrating everyone’s talents, and to have pride in everything I do, which means I believe that McAuley is a school full of faith, hope, and love.

McAuley has a number of responsibilities and school values that students are required to follow. The activities that are selected, is what I believe I can cope with. Outside of school hours I take private piano lessons with my piano teacher every week. I just started this year and beginning to gain more knowledge. My practise happens everyday for from 5-6. I believe that being a confident piano player will encourage me to join McAuley's instrumental and choir group. I too is apart of the children's choir group at church.

We sing every Tuesday and sometimes on a Sunday mass. At the end of every year we always get the opportunity to perform our music to people who live in rest homes. I am expected to say my verse at the end/start of the day and one of my family favourite verses which I learn by heart: Psalms 27:4 - “ One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord, and to seek him in his temple

Domine in te speravi
Lord, in you I have hoped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment